Monday, June 22, 2009

The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory

Okay, If you enjoy Elizabethan novels or love Phillipa Gregory's writing this is a GREAT BOOK. I loved it form beginning to end. I love how she split the book between 3 different views. Mary -Queen of Scots, George Talbot, and his wife Bess. You will grow to enjoy all these characters , and hope for the best of each even when all their worlds and dreams are different from each other and could have massive affects on the others lives

Mary Queen of Scots - This is the first time I have read about her. My view of her changed greatly from beginning to the end of this novel. I was so intrigued by the end of it that I went and did a google search to try and find out if the novel stuck close to history. AND IT DID.. I love the way Gregory can make history exciting for me. I am looking for move novels that tell her story.

George Talbot - what can I say about this man, Honestly I would have to say that I found myself wishing for the kind of blind loyalty he portrays throughout the novel. He was so naive at times I found him infuriating.

BESS---- The best character of them all. The best part of this whole story was in the last chapter of the novel. I loved the fact that she was a real person and the description in the last chapter made me want to find out how true. I went looking of pictures of a house**** That's all i will say.


Total Hours, 10 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment