Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Finished City of Bones!

Well I have completed City of Bones. Overall I have to say that the book was fantastic and has made me excited to continue reading this series.

The first chapter really grabbed my attention but as with everything in my life it waned shortly there after. I have to say that my attention drifting had little to do with how the book flowed or was written or the story for that matter and all to do with the fact that not many things can hold my interest for long. This story was in my imagination though and I found myself wanting to read it. Day dreaming about what might happen next or what the characters look like or sounded like if I could hear them speaking.


During one of these little day dreams it occurred to me that it was not my attention to the book that faltered but my reluctance to sit still for more than 20 minutes and let the story take over. Once I did it really sank in. I ended up reading for 6 hours ( no lie, I was watching the clock ).

If you like witty digs and sarcasm in your stories you will think that this book if quite humorous most of the way through. Also I get the feeling after this first book that there is a epic love story in between all the action with magic, runes, vampires, werewolves, etc. I cant wait to dip into the next one....

Total Hours 12.25

No comments:

Post a Comment